Manager - Portfolio Simplification
About the Business Transformation Office
The Business Transformation Office (BTO) has been established with responsibility for leading a number of Baxter-wide initiatives. The BTO reports to the CFO, and is coordinating change efforts to advance many aspects of our Baxter 2020 strategy.
The BTO programs are focused on managing costs, transforming our organization and reducing complexity, allowing Baxter to focus resources on key business goals and reinvest in innovation and sustainable growth.
Portfolio Simplification team is seeking to develop an in-house capability to assess the benefit of simplifying Baxter’s product mix. The Manager of Portfolio Simplification will work with the Portfolio Simplification team and leadership, global business unit sponsors, and cross-functional core team members to assess the future state portfolio including business case development. Specific areas of responsibilities include:
- Work with Clinical / Medical Affairs, GBU, and region Marketing leads to generate recommendations for future-state product portfolio
- Define and develop methodology to utilize sales, cost, clinical, and market information to prioritize products and assess market impact of rationalization and standardization
Business Case Development:
- Work with Portfolio Simplification business partners to hypothesize opportunities and assemble business case for Portfolio Simplification – savings, investment, risks, timeline, etc.
- Perform / direct analysis of portfolio and product profitability including product scenario development
Team and Stakeholder Management:
- This will be a highly collaborative, team-based role bringing together stakeholders across Baxter (Ops & Manufacturing, Sustaining, R&D, GBU Marketing, Region Marketing, IT, etc.). Manager of Portfolio Simplification will be required to interface across functions to align on business case assumptions and methodologies
- Manager will work collaboratively with Portfolio Simplification team (IT and BI, leadership, adjacent BTO teams) and have direct oversight over 1-2 analysts
- MBA/MS or Bachelor’s with equivalent plus 7 years industrial experience
- Past management consulting experience is preferred
- “Master” level excel skills as well as experience in business analytics software such as Tableau
- Significant experience with financial business case development, including working across functional groups to gain consensus on financial estimates
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong Powerpoint and executive presentation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.