1) Strategic Communication Plan Development – Partner with Marketing team to develop communication plans to address focused needs of business. Clearly articulate plan objectives, strategies and tactical approaches. Manage project performance to budget and identify potential issues.
2) Writing & Editing - Assist business partners in developing key messages that influence the intended audience either that support a communications plan or to address a specific business issue. Manage the editing as well as the internal regulatory compliance review process for communication materials to ensure they are consistent with the communications strategy and maintain company standards. Produce clean, final drafts in a short timeframe and adapt writing style to different media and applications (e.g. Web, convention presence, internal memos)
3) Technology / Channel Application - Explore and apply different communication vehicles that are most appropriate for the communication need. Engage creative agencies to specifically determine and execute current innovative communication mechanisms (social media, interactive learning, etc.).
4) Vendor / Agency Management - Provide primary management and oversight of all projects given to outside agencies. Manage budget and timelines for all projects; establish planned checkpoints to keep projects moving toward completion ahead of deadlines. Raise issues when barriers surface.
5) Project Management – Manage multiple projects concurrently so that all move forward according to established timelines and deadlines.
6) Process Management – Manage the regulatory promotional review process for all pieces through the ZINC software system; establish quarterly prioritization meetings and manage the weekly agendas and content of promotional review committee meetings.
7) Ability to write, review and edit documents, applying universal grammatical and editorial rules and standards as well as Baxter's standards.
8) Ability to translate technical language and complex information into easy-to-understand, grammatically correct language.
9) Ability to understand business partner needs and develop appropriate communication key messages and tactical execution plans.
10) Knowledge of media production process in the development of communication materials.
11) Ability to quickly synthesize information from a variety of sources (internal and external) into one effective output.
12) Ability to conduct interviews to elicit/probe for appropriate information.
13) Ability to identify and analyze business and audience needs to deliver messages via the most appropriate mix of media and channels as well as understand channels and vehicles available internally and externally.
14) Familiarity with Regulatory requirements relevant to communication about and promotion of medical/healthcare drugs and devices.
15) Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with others.
- Computer skills: MS Windows, Word and Internet.
- Bachelors degree required in Communications related field.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Communications and/or Marketing Communications.
- Health-care industry experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.