Sr. Financial Analyst – Renal R&D (Renal Care & Acute Therapies)
DescriptionSr. Financial Analyst – Renal R&D (Renal Care & Acute Therapies)
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Strategic and financial support for the $200M+ Renal R&D organization (Renal Care & Acute Therapies).
• Provide senior GBU leadership with updates on key program performance, milestones, and overall financial tracking of GBU R&D spend.
• Crucial role with helping the GBUs manage the overall financial performance of the R&D organization.
• Provide senior leadership with analytical support for various R&D programs and functional initiatives.
• Great developmental opportunity to learn R&D, partner with GBU commercial organizations, and drive significant process improvement in support of the GBU structure evolution.
• Execute month end close processes, including variance analysis of actuals vs. targets
• Provide senior management updates on overall R&D performance
• Lead the financial planning & analysis process for Renal R&D
• Provide leadership with decision support for R&D initiatives
• Provide analytical and modelling support for R&D investments required within NPD projects
• Act as change agent to drive improvements in financial processes
• Ensure proper accounting treatment and internal controls are in place for R&D
• Perform account analysis for budgeting purposes and review trends to better forecast and budget for these items
• Drive alignment between R&D and commercial leadership
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
• Key success criteria include analytical and process management skills, intermediate/advanced Excel skills, ability to influence others, drive to innovate, and comfort managing through complexity and change.
• Strong time management and problem solving skills, ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, and written/oral communication skills are critical.
The following skills are also vital for an individual to be successful in this role:
• Organization and attention to detail
• Ability to think critically and develop new solutions
• Business performance and data management
• Personal Initiative, accountability and integrity
• Eagerness to learn and continuously improve
• Willingness to challenge the status quo
• Ability to manage thru the matrix
• Drive for results
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.