Optimize supplier relationships while maximizing value and ensuring uninterrupted product flow. Plans and implements the short and long-term strategies for supplier management programs. Responsible for the development of supplier relations required for supplier programs. Ensures continuity and compliance with current supplier program objectives. Responsible for utilizing existing enablers while driving for innovation and new tools to create best total value for goods, services required within all areas of spend, including but not limited to raw material (direct), indirect, capital and service categories.
1. Provide input to management and develop the supplier management programs necessary to provide for continuous improvement in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) across the global supplier community, including price/cost analysis principles.
2. Coaches direct reports and/or provides direction to team using general policies and management guidance related to the tasks and projects.
3. Support the implementation strategy for the Supplier Quality Standard.
4. Review supplier performance reports consistent with agreed requirements to insure consistency with quality, service and delivery objectives.
5. Provide input on all aspects of the supplier cost reduction and procurement development programs.
6. Develop, and educate the suppliers to the performance measurements and principles of continuous improvement consistent with Quality Leadership principles.
7. Develop strong, ethical relationships with World Class suppliers and ensure that activities surrounding dealing with suppliers are conducted under the auspices of good business practices and consistent with the Baxter Code of Ethics.
8. Develops policies and procedures as part of procurement team to support operational efficiencies and maintain state-of-the-art activities, both tactical and strategic.
9. Negotiates contracts, pricing/supply agreement, supplier managed inventory (consignment) and total cost agreements within dollar responsibility range and for presentation/ signature at senior level.
Bachelor's Degree; MBA desirable.
- 5-8 years of diversified procurement and operational experience in business, technical, and managerial functions.
- In depth knowledge of area of expertise.
- C.P.M. and/or A.P.P. desirable. Good oral, written communications, and presentation skills.
- Competent in project management role.
Able to interface with multiple levels of management, including senior management at both procurement and business unit levels.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.