Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software, and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Resolves technical problems that originate by telephone in a call center/help desk environment. Answers questions related to known software/hardware issues that are moderately complex. Diagnose, identifies, and isolates problems based upon comments and complaints; may route some calls to available specialists in more complex and difficult cases. Maintains and updates medical records and transportation databases. Alerts management to recurring problems for trend analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP's, equipment, policies, and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Provides customers and internal personnel with operational assistance over the phone.
- Coordinates exchange of customer's malfunctioning device with operating device when necessary.
- Responsible for on-line documentation of all customer contact.
- Identifies and assists in implementing any changes necessary to manage the accuracy of the troubleshooting trees and reference material.
- Proactively and continually seeks enhancements to improve customer interface and equipment reliability.
Qualifications for this role
- Intermediate software application skills required.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality is necessary.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required.
- Plus 2-4 years related experience required.
Shift hours are as follows: Day shift: 4:30a.m.-12:30p.m, Wednesday through Sunday. This position requires working nights and weekends.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.