Finance Manager I, US Medication Delivery
DescriptionFinance Manager I, US Medication Delivery
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Responsible for the full review and analysis of the US Medication Delivery financial statements including reporting, forecasting, and planning. In addition, participate in special projects and analysis of Region results and issues.
• Perform customer and product analytics to better understand the opportunities and risks of the business as well as improve financial accuracy.
• Review, analyze, and communicate the actuals, forecast, budget, and long range plan to various stakeholders.
• Partner cross-functionally with marketing, sales, and operations to drive value creation.
• Understand relevant business risks, perform appropriate risk assessment, and recommend mitigation plans.
• Represent the group on special projects that include heavy financial analysis and thoughtful recommendations.
• Supervise, develop and provide feedback and direction to small staff of employees.
• Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally, while guiding and influencing others toward goal accomplishment.
• Detail oriented with an ability to manage tasks concurrently.
• Good at managing others – establishes and communicates expectations, motivates individuals, and provides honest and specific feedback.
• Working knowledge of PC applications (e.g. Excel and Access).
Key Finance Competencies
• Business Performance Management
• Financial Analysis and Decision Support
• Business Process and Data Management
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (or country equivalent).
• MBA and/or CPA preferred.
• Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 7 or more years of experience.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.