Principal Engineer – EMR connectivity
- Create system requirements, architectures and interface specifications to allow the connectivity of medical devices with external medical systems
- Collaborate with design partners, either internal or external to Baxter, to determine needed functionality, allocation of functionality to different systems and the specifications of the interfaces between the systems.
- Analyzing existing external systems for the potential of integrating with Baxter medical devices; identifying the potential benefits or areas for improvement in such integrations.
- Collaborate with functional teams, such as software, to realize system deliverables in functional deliverables, such as software requirements and software design.
- Create and execute verification activities of system deliverables as well as verification of the overall integration between medical devices and external medical systems.
- Ensure appropriate traceability between requirements, interface specifications, design and verification deliverables.
- Primary technical contact between Baxter and selected external design partners.
- Deep expertise with medical devices, electronic medical record systems and other medical systems resident in the hospital environment.
- Resolve competing constraints between interrelated functions (Engineering, Risk Management, Compliance, Clinical, Human Factors, Regulatory, Marketing, Service)
- Directing internal resources as well as potential contractors and/or 3rd party service providers.
- Ensure compliance to the product development process and Quality System and Design Control requirements.
- Familiarity with IHE and HL7 specifically in the PCD domain.
- Experience with medical devices and medical information systems.
- Experience in developing systems engineering deliverables such as requirements, architecture and verification plans / tests / reports.
Requires strong organization and communication skills, with the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
- Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
- Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance.
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.