Supervise multiple shift operations for Preform Molding and LSR (Liquid Silicon Rubber) Molding to ensure manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining compliance with current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs), standard operating procedures (SOPs), environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that may apply. Perform all duties with a focus on optimizing safety, quality, service, and cost.
- Communicate guidance, support, direction and leadership through effective interactions with all personnel involved in meeting daily production goals.
- Supervise day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities. Identifies/prioritizes/provides resources as appropriate. Interface with support functions such as quality, engineering, maintenance, scheduling, HR, etc.
- Provide technical expertise and direction to quality and manufacturing operations in order to facilitate successful completion of routine tasks as well as product/process improvements and problem solving.
- Interviews, hires, coaches, motivates, develops, recognizes and manages performance of direct reports.
- Reviews, approves, and manages documentation for batch and system records. Assists in release of product for distribution and meeting product release time goals.
- Assist in the validation of new equipment, process, systems, and changes that impact product quality.
- Support all internal and external regulatory audits. May present or provide necessary documentation to auditors.
- Identifies, initiates and facilitates continuous improvements, lean manufacturing activities and initiatives, such as 6S, visual management, kaizens.
- Ensures resources and raw materials are utilized in the most efficient and productive manner possible.
- Develops training content and facilitates and verifies appropriate training for employees in the area.
- Ensures compliance with all GMP rules, production documentation, specifications, SOPs and regulatory requirements as required.
- Submits and/or maintains and distribute reports related to attendance, labor, efficiency, safety, scrap and others as needed.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
- High school diploma required plus 2 plus years of manufacturing and 1 year of supervision experience required; preferably in FDA regulated industry or Bachelor's degree with no supervision experience. Bachelor's degree is required for ongoing career progression.
- Plastics/molding experience preferred - especially with LSR and injection molding.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface with other departments and lead effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
- Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
- Ability to understand GMPs and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use enterprise software.
- Ability to collect and analyze data and information to determine paths for process improvements and potential root cause.
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries and present information to groups and senior leaders.
- Must be flexible to work or come in an any shift as needs may dictate.
- General knowledge of manufacturing business acumen.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity Procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to reach shoulders.
- Ability to maneuver in tight spaces.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.