Procurement Category Lead
Req #: 180005Q0_en
Location: Old Toongabbie, NSW AU
Job Category: Purchasing
Date Posted: 3/20/2018 1:38:47 AM
DescriptionProcurement Category Lead – Direct
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
What You’ll Be Doing
Baxter Healthcare is seeking an experienced Category Lead to shape the future of their direct category’s, an individual who brings an entrepreneurial spirit. Putting your strategic category skills to work you will use your analysis and insight to identify and articulate Baxter’s requirements, foster competition amongst suppliers and leverage agreements across the enterprise. You will be working in conjunction with Purchasing and Supply Managers across Asia Pacific and Global, you will have the ability to gain cross-functional knowledge and capabilities to manage Baxter’s risk, drive savings, cost avoidance and create value for Baxter Healthcare. The core responsibility of this position is to ensure all Baxter ANZ category related acquisitions and resulting contracts are conducted in a strategic, timely manner, with a focus on total cost of ownership.
Key Manufacturing Directs with Baxter include but are not limited to:
• Raw Materials sourcing and validations
• 3rd Party Finished Goods
• Consumables and Ancillaries
• Services & Calibrations
Other responsibilities and duties, however not limited to:
• Experienced in the preparation and execution of contractual / procurement documentation.
• Developing and lead sourcing strategies for categories and deliver effective Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Works (SOW).
• A strong ability to engage with multidisciplinary stakeholders, delivering internal customer service, advice and support
• Play a key role in developing strong, ethical relationships with key suppliers to ensure a beneficial relationship.
• Support International implementation of global deals where appropriate / required.
• Diagnose demand and leakage issues and partner with internal stakeholders to change behaviours to increase value.
QualificationsDo you have what it takes to build a career here?
Skills & Experience
• 5+ years working in a commercial enterprise (tender process, contract management and end to end delivery process).
• Demonstrate experience in using a robust sourcing process and exposure to full lifecycle procurement
• A track record in continuous improvement and best practises.
• Strong relationship manager; able to quickly gain credibility and gain traction with both internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
• Presentation Skills, Facilitation, Leadership, Effective communication skills
• Analytical and business problem solving skills.
• Direct experience in the use of change management tools and techniques to successfully introduce business improvement
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters! Applications close 3rd April 2018.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.