Sr. Financial Analyst – Manufacturing Operations Finance
DescriptionSr. Financial Analyst – Manufacturing Operations Finance
Round Lake, IL
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• As a Sr/ Financial Analyst, you will support our manufacturing operations team by providing financial analysis and ongoing decision support.
• Reports directly to the Plant Controller and will interact with the Global purchasing and supplier management team, local supply chain team, and manufacturing team members.
• Provides an outstanding opportunity to grow your Baxter business acumen in a fast-paced plant environment with the unique benefit of ongoing new product launches
• Provide financial support to plant management regarding financial and operational performance versus goals on a weekly basis
• Develop standard costs for current and new products
• Coordinate month end close schedule for the Plant
• Assist in the development of forecasts, budgets and actual financials with analysis of results
• Perform cashflow analysis for budgeting purposes and review trends of balance sheet accounts to better forecast and budget these items
• Perform financial modeling and analysis to evaluate cost saving initiatives in areas of materials pricing, conversion loss reduction, and labor efficiency
• Ensure proper accounting treatment and internal controls are in place for business processes
• Perform ad hoc special projects with heavy financial analysis and provide recommendation
• Areas of focus include analysis of inventory & materials, conversion loss, product structure, overhead spending, and capital investments
• Ongoing financial liaison with manufacturing cell leaders, Supply Chain team, and other operational team members
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (or country equivalent).
• 4 + years of relevant experience with financial planning and reporting.
• Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally.
• Working knowledge of PC applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong analytical skills with familiarity with accounting, financial analysis and reporting.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to manage tasks concurrently Owns career and is accountable for managing own development.
Key Finance Competencies
• Financial Analysis and Decision Support
• Business Performance Management
• Accounting and Reporting Integrity
• Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.