Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As a core member of the Operational Excellence team, this person will drive OpEx deployment at the plant. This individual should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills. This position reports to the plant manager with dotted reporting to the GBU/Region OpEx Lead.
- Drive OpEx program deployment at the site
- Work closely with the site management to assist the site in their continuous improvement journey
- Develop a site level OpEx deployment plan including EMS, VIP, Certification Programs, Best Practices Sharing, iCare and others.
- Assists leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes.
- Work with site leadership in installing organizational supports for Operational Excellence (reviews, communications, rewards, etc.)
- Coach and mentor site Black Belt and Green Belt candidates to ensure timely completion of their quality and/or cost focused projects- ultimately leading to the candidate’s certification.
- Must have experience managing teams and developing support programs
- Must have Six Sigma Black Belt certification, Master Black Belt preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and methodology
- Must be able to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication and platform skills in local language as well as in English. Strong teaching and presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem solving skills.
- Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- Certified Black Belt, solid knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing principles with a minimum 8 years of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated process improvement success.
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Physical coordination/flexibility to allow gowning for clean room environments
- Utilize applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection, heat resistant wear and hearing protection
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks
- Ability to wear respirator usage when product or task requires
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas (filling)
- Position may require sitting for long hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.