Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Work in a laboratory environment in the area of Medical Disposables, Sets, Containers, Devices and Packaging/Distribution testing. Work on assignments in that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel. Apply basic and some advanced techniques and procedures to assigned projects.
Responsible for performing a wide variety of research and/or development laboratory tasks and experiments of in the area of Medical Disposables, Containers and Sets. Perform detailed analyses and tests. Assist in compiling observations, analyzing data and interpreting results. Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies. May write experimental reports, summaries and protocols. May also develop and maintain record keeping for experiment performed. Perform simple troubleshooting and calibration of instruments.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and tools
- Familiarity with GMP/GLP desired
- Proficient in recording original data and basic understanding of documentation systems
- Ability to use the computer for word processing, spreadsheets, document retrieval, e-mail, business calendars and ability to learn software specific to test equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Good mathematical skills and attention to detail Physical requirements: must be able to stand and walk for periods of time; must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds repeatedly; normal visual acuity with correction and ability to distinguish color are necessary
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent, AA Degree preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in related field.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.