Head of Advanced Surgery, Ireland (12 Months)
Req #: 180006C0_en
Location: , L IE
Job Category: Sales
Date Posted: 3/15/2018 8:09:04 AM
DescriptionThe purpose of this role is to manage the Advanced Surgery Business within Ireland by driving the development, implementation and follow-up, of the strategic and operational direction for sales and marketing in order to reach set targets and profit growth.
The job holder will report to the Advanced Surgery Lead UKI and will be a member of the Senior Management Team in Ireland.
This 12 month role can be based in the UK or in Ireland.
• Develop and define the sales strategy for the business and implement the UKI Commercial plan ensuring it is in line with the Global Franchise plans & objectives.
• Be responsible for the achievement of the defined sales and profit targets. Develop and finalise sales forecasts with the finance lead and development of the annual sales budget and team targets.
• Implement the pricing strategy and be fully responsible for the profit & loss of the Business Unit.
• Track and monitor product forecasts with the Supply Chain team on a regular basis adjusting where necessary.
• Day to day performance management of the team of 3 Account Managers, holding monthly one to one meetings and through regular coaching visits in the field, both specified and in response to market challenges.
• Ensure that operational excellence is achieved through sales and marketing effectiveness driving the use of the Salesforce FAST system with the team of Account Managers.
• Drive the successful launch of new products & marketing actions in line with the UKI Commercial plan.
• Develop and sustain customer relationships in the field, including relations with key opinion leaders in conjunction with the Account Managers and Procurement and Pharmacy where relevant.
• Be the lead contact for the HSE (ROI) & HSC (NI) for all tender/framework/mini-competition submissions and negotiations, working closely with the UKI Contracts team.
• Be responsible for the allocation of the Irish A&P budget. Process local grants for all local meetings/conferences working with the local admin team. Work with the UK admin team for all P2P, POP requests.
• Identify future growth opportunities for the market and work with UKI marketing colleagues to implement plans.
• Display leadership behavior as a member of the Senior Management Team in Ireland and liaise with the other Baxter Business and functional leaders at a local level to ensure a One Baxter approach.
• Ensure all activities are in line with Baxter’s Code of Conduct and industry Codes of Conduct.
Qualifications• Previous theatre/ hospital / pharmaceutical sales experience – min 2 years
• Understanding of selling into the theatre environment
• Previous team management experience in Irish or UK Healthcare market
• Understanding of HSE & NI NHS Policy, structure, organisation and history
• Life sciences degree, nursing qualification, business degree or equivalent
• Experience in Irish/UK Heathcare market
• Basic employment law and experience
• I.T. literacy
• Full driving licence