Senior Product Manager (Acute)
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Senior Product Manager
To develop, implement and be accountable for short, medium and long-term strategic marketing and operational plans for allocated products through insightful marketing practices. To optimise profit, revenue and market share opportunities in the short, medium and long term.
- Recommend 1-5 year strategic options for the product through the planning process.
- Develop the short to medium term strategic marketing/operational plans outlining key activities and marketing programmes to address the CSF’s and implement approved strategies within agreed budgets.
- Anticipate changes taking place in the market and ensure plans/strategies respond to changing customer needs accordingly
- Produce accurate medium to long-term market share/growth grids for individual products.
- Implement specific programmes and activities in accordance with the operational plan.
- Builds relationships with key opinion Leaders with products (product families) and continually assesses selection criteria and return on investment.
- Monitor the product’s perceived functional performance and adjust plans accordingly.
- Communicate effectively within the organisation to ensure the motivation and alignment of sales force and other key people in the achievement of product objectives.
- Be the recognised 'product champion' and the central point of contact for all marketing related activities.
- Anticipate current & future trends in disease management and market environment which are likely to affect the performance and potential of the product including Competitor activity
- Work with European and Global Marketing teams to ensure appropriate communication, alignment and extensive utilisation of available resources and expertise
- Produce sales/production forecasts and monitor progress.
- Monitor and take corrective action for major deviations on plans, strategies, budget management and efficient use of resources.
- Leads segmentation of market and effectively implements strategic positioning proposals
- Develops strategies to maximise profit drivers by identifying pricing and product mix opportunities and implementing tactics to support.
- Encourage cross-functional input to the planning process and create ownership of plans with key personnel
- To conduct relevant market research for the product /therapy area and the market/customer base
- Achievement of revenue targets.
- Control of relevant budgets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred (Business Marketing - Ideally a Post Graduate Marketing Qualification
- 2 to 3 years in Product Management (minimum of 2 separate and diverse therapy areas) and or Sales
- Compliance with country specific requirements, e.g. in the UK ABPI Code of Practice.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.