Technical Support Specialist
Provides expert technical support for complex product issues reported by customers. Required to follow detailed troubleshooting guidelines and work instructions to get to root cause failure and identify solutions to resolve the reported issue in a timely and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides technical support for complex software, computers, networks and hardware devices reported by customers. Special areas of focus may include, but are not limited to:
o user permissions and account creation, database activities, network configurations, application installation support
· Performs analysis, support and evaluations to determine compatibility between software application versions and server specifications, computer hardware specifications, and browser versions. Resolve issues resulting from that analysis.
· Provides live support and troubleshooting for new and existing customer installed Baxter devices and system peripherals (printers, cameras, scanners, other peripherals) and associated device drivers
· Provides expert customer operational support on how to use devices, applications, application webpages and work stations.
· Performs testing on updates and setups of test servers and applications
· Must record and document all customer interactions properly and in accordance with defined procedures to ensure accuracy in reporting.
· Required to interface and interact effectively with Baxter employees, pharmacy personnel and IT professionals
- High School diploma or GED Required
- College Associates degree in Computer Information Systems or related field preferred
- Advanced technical training a plus
- 2 years of experience in a technical service environment providing telephone support to end user customers preferred
- Installing and supporting Microsoft Windows servers and networks preferred
- Experience supporting client/server database applications preferred
- Experience supporting web-based applications strongly preferred
- Excellent documentation and interpersonal skills
Medical industry background a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.