National Sales Training Manager
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
- Raising Advanced Surgery (AS) product and procedure knowledge in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Nordics by designing and implementing a full portfolio product and therapy training curriculum
- Developing and organizing focused initiatives to assess competence and measure impact of the training curriculum
- Improve sales across Advanced Surgery through effective induction and ongoing training and development
- Working with EMEA training lead and local marketing to integrate product and therapy training with practical selling skills into product launch planning and execution.
- Working closely with the Field Trainers to ensure that in field training and coaching is optimal and available
- Peer to peer event coordination and delivery with excellence for UKI.
- AS Product, Therapy and SPIN selling skills training champion for the country
- Performing as part of the UKIN Leadership team in recruitment, retention, performance reviews, strategy and operational planning and delivery
- Work with the Sales Managers and Account Managers to ensure that training needs are identified and addressed in the most appropriate manner
- Manage and improve the induction training plan for new starters and returns to work
- Up skill and ensure use of selling with digital aids – e.g. Vablet, Basecase
- Provide on-going training on competitive products and new market entrants.
- Identify regional and national Product and therapy training needs and source / design / deliver solutions to meet these needs
- Evaluate effectiveness & sustainability of commercial L&D interventions
- To provide ABPI support to the AMs
- To lead the Field Training team
- Take responsibility for ensuring successful peer to peer meetings (wetlabs, POPs etc.) including speaker engagement, AM presentation preparation and delivery
- Implement “Best in class” training programs that significantly raise the level of product, therapy, sales skills, account management, marketing skills in the commercial organization
- Work closely with UKI and Nordics lead & UK & I & Nordics Marketing to develop training that translates marketing materials into powerful sales tools
- Work with the European team to ensure compliant and effective training initiatives across new products, new therapies and induction
- Keep SPIN trainer community informed about new AS product launches, global and regional training initiatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Relevant L&D qualification preferred, with a track record of L&D experience in a commercial environment including but not limited to Learning & development management, Training Needs Analysis, Design & delivery of training programmes / interventions and blended learning solutions
- Significant experience in pharmaceutical / healthcare field sales & commercial effectiveness environments is desirable
- Previous experience in Theatre Sales
- Bachelor’s degree required in a Life Science or Biomedical related discipline.
- 5+ years pharmaceutical / healthcare experience overall is desirable
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.