Production Technician III
Req #: 1800063T_en
Location: Cleveland, MS US
Job Category: Manufacturing
Date Posted: 3/13/2018 12:58:57 PM
Baxter Healthcare Corporation in Cleveland MS has cutting edge technology and automation. It is the US sole source for plastic pour bottles, class IV bottles, and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly. The Baxter Cleveland MS facility has been an integral part of Baxter for over 60 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
- Support all manufacturing processes for the production of Sidel Molding plastic pour bottles.
- Coordinate machine set-up activities and production schedules to support the filling and packing operations.
- Follow and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices plus safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain contact with all upstream and downstream equipment and personnel to ensure awareness of any product or process issues.
- Conduct periodic audit to ensure department is audit ready at all times.
- Document and report process abnormalities and take corrective actions.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems. Make required adjustments and minor equipment repairs as needed.
- Perform minor routine equipment preventative maintenance as needed.
- Maintain production records and document raw materials used in production.
- Perform changeovers, line clearances, material movement, and TIQ (Total Integrated Quality).
- Use blueprints, specifications, Bill of Materials, and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure product process acceptability.
- Participate in ongoing review of SOPs/forms and initiate document change when needed.
- Perform department safety audits and housekeeping responsibilities.
- Participate and lead process activities in validation projects for equipment.
- Lead and promote teamwork and continuous improvement efforts.
- Communicate effectively with management, quality, engineering and maintenance.
- Must have ability to review batch documentation for correctness and completion.
- Analyze/trend performance data such as scrap, rework, downtime, etc.
- Conduct material movement and inventory management as needed.
- Complete required training on time. Participate and assist in the training of new personnel and on new processes.
- Complete communication pass down sheets from shift to shift.
- Enter daily production numbers in on-line systems.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
- High school diploma required. Additional technical experience, training, and education are a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing or quality experience in FDA regulated industry is desired.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Be inquisitive in nature and able to formulate plans to solve problems.
- Possess good communication skills both oral and written.
- Solid computer skills required.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule and overtime as required.
- Low absenteeism.
- Must be able to function in a team environment and work well in a group.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow Good Manufacturing Practices, procedures, specifications, Bill of Materials and all guidelines as they relate to the process.
- Write effective documents and maintain Good Documentation Practices.
- Knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations a plus and compliance is required.
- Knowledge of lockout/tag-out safety procedures.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to bend/stoop.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland visual acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Note: this is a 12-hour day weekend shift. Will also work one 8-hour shift during the week.
- Qualified applicants must submit a resume.