Associate Manager, RFP and Contracts
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The role of Associate Tender & Contracts Manager is responsible for regional contract management for all consumable, equipment and service contracts. The Associate Tender & Contracts Manager will work with key business partners, primarily Sales, Marketing, Pricing, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Logistics, and Legal, to ensure successful end-to-end management of all contracts providing coordination to RFP/RFI process and of Contracts (new and resigns), as well as providing support to stakeholders. The Associate Tender & Contracts Manager will engage in Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and Tender responses supporting the RFP initiatives in its region till completion of the submission. The Associate Tender & Contracts Manager will take full responsibility for the request for proposals and contracts under its umbrella acting diligently in accordance with the processes in place.
Associate Tender & Contracts Manager
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of contracts for region respective customers.
• Work with the appropriate personnel on requested changes or additions to standard contract verbiage. Work with Group Contracts & Tender Manager, Legal Department or the Business owner for guidance and approval.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely notification of pricing and eligibility to customers.
• Assist all levels of stakeholders with the strategic management of the Regional Contract Calendar taking into the account the national perspective.
• Support business on leading regional RFP’s and RFI’s for the region.
• Execute and manage contract process (new, renewals, capital, consumables, lease, quotes, extensions)
• Ensure all contract resign occur in timely manner and use judgment on determining if there’s a need to escalate to Management Team
• Managing the contract process, leading the process for preparation of agreements, contracts, and/or price quotations.
• Ensure full compliance with Baxter documented procedures (SOPs, BOPs, Approval Rights, Signature Rights, RACI Matrix, Contract Forms Package, Contract Templates), all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices
• Engage in terms/conditions negotiations internally to support Sales and ensure Baxter’s interests are well defended and processes are followed
• Manage terms and conditions analysis with Legal Specialist and/or Legal to ensure completion within timelines and adherence to processes
• Organizing and scheduling multiple simultaneous RFP responses on tight schedules and under elevated pressure
• Organizing kickoff, and status updates calls/meetings for RFP and resigns with key stakeholders (sales, marketing, legal, finance, pricing, etc)
• Analyzing RFP requirements and assigning specific sections/questions to the appropriate internal resources throughout different groups within the organization
• Reviewing and editing of the RFP response, and taking full ownership for the structure, style, and overall quality of the delivered document
• Update and maintain a database of answers and FAQs for RFP responses and technical questions from Sales and Marketing
• Proofread RFP responses provided by different groups within the organization
• BigBoard maintenance and Contract Calendar end-to-end management
• Support other Baxter Canada Contracts and Pricing initiatives as required, including compliance with Canada grant policy, evaluation and implementation of contracts technology including Business Intelligence, contracts repository, BAM/JDE improvements and workflow tools
• Builds and maintains database for executed contracts
• Support Sales and Marketing teams in the contracts process whenever necessary to ensure adherence to process
• Liaise with customers on building opportunities to improve relationships in conjunction with the sales team to enhance contract management
• Provide Sales with monthly status reports on contract renewals/negotiations identifying outstanding tasks
• Challenging the status quo and evaluating opportunities to simplify and integrate and accelerate contracting/pricing processes
• Proactively provide decision support and recommendations to simplify and integrate processes
• Assessment of future support requirements given the dynamic nature of the business
• Continuous focus on process improvement and simplification
• Engage in continuous improvements, provide recommendations, provide solutions, support ideas and initiatives
• Directly accountable to ensure the integrity and compliance with Baxter policies and procedures, maintain internal control environment including compliance with SOX
• Responsible for contributions to and creation of standard operating procedures and the maintenance of those procedures.
• University Degree
• MBA, contract specialization, Business management
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Business Administration, contracts specialty or related field
• BComm, Finance, Marketing
Type of Experience
• Contract and Pricing Administration
• Sales Support
• Contract Management
• RFP Management
• Analytical skills•
Years of Experience
• 2-4 years related experience
• 4+ years in Healthcare
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Bilingual preferred – Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment and be able to balance the needs and requirements of many stakeholders including senior management
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Detail oriented
• Customer facing experience
• Excellent computer skills including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Strong business acumen
• Excellent communication and interpersonnel skills
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• JD Edwards and Cognos experience would be an asset
• Must be a self-starter and ability to work proficiently with limited supervision. Must be highly analytical.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.