Tax Analyst - International
DescriptionTax Analyst - International
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Position Overview/Key Responsibilities
The Tax Analyst will have the on-going responsibility of federal and international taxation preparation; analysis and interpretation for the tax reporting and compliance functions.
• Preparation of complex Forms 5471, 8858 and 8865
• Calculation of Earnings and Profits for controlled foreign corporations, which includes analysis of foreign statutory books and preparing adjustments to reconcile foreign statutory reporting to US GAAP, taxable income and E&P
• Preparation and review of various schedules of Form 1118
• Assistance with sourcing income and expenses on Form 1120 to determine the FTC limitations
• May be expected to assist in preparing the quarterly and year-end Subpart F accrual
• Assistance with Section 956 calculation for estimated payment and provision
• Assistance with the quarterly calculation and year end entry for Sec. 987 remittances
• Preparation of responses to International Information Document Requests
• Implementation of process improvements (i.e. data automation) with a focus on the international tax area
• Prepares and reviews calculation and journal entries for FASB ASC 740, formerly SFAS 109, Accounting for income taxes, plus FASB interpretation NO.48 (FIN 48”), Accounting for uncertainty in Income Taxes
• Preparation and review of elections and statements of the consolidated Form 1120.
• Will assist with other areas of Tax as needed
Critical Experiences/ Requirements
• Bachelor’s degrees in accounting or related field.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a tax professional.
• Outstanding Microsoft Office skills. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Self-starter who can work independently.
• Able to prioritize own tasks and coordinate with others when necessary
• Can take lead on specific projects and is responsible for meeting required deadlines.
• Ability to oversee implementation of process improvements.
• JDE/Hyperion HFM experience a plus.
• Experience with CorpTax a plus.
• Certified Public Accountant designation and/or Master’s Degree in Taxation are a plus.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.