Tax Analyst, Corporate Tax
DescriptionTax Analyst, Corporate Tax
Baxter Healthcare Corporation
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Working as a corporate tax generalist, you will have an opportunity to develop as a corporate tax professional while contributing to a wide range of corporate tax initiatives within a 20+ person US tax department whose presence spans all 50 states and over 100 countries.
• Support Tax Manager with preparation of US-international Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, and 1118.
• Support Tax Managers with preparation of Forms 1120 and state income tax returns utilizing Corptax system. Duties may include workpaper preparation, book-tax differences, state & local notice resolution, special projects within tax compliance, and audit support.
• Assist with special projects, such as tax basis & E&P studies and repatriation planning.
• Assist with tax process improvements projects, which may include software implementation, automation, or workpaper improvements.
• Effectively partner with Shared Services, Corporate Controllers, Legal, and Treasury departments with regards to ACH payments, check requests, account recs, org charts, etc.
Key Experiences, Skills, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; MST and/or CPA a plus.
- 1-3 years’ corporate tax experience in an in-house tax department or CPA firm.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter, willing to assist with different assignments among various tax workstreams.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources.
- Experience with corporate tax software desired; Corptax, OneSource, and/or BNA a plus.
- Understanding of work paper documentation technique.
- ASC740 tax provision experience a plus.
- Experience with JD Edwards, HFM and/or other ERP/consolidation systems a plus.
- Passionate about learning and willing to learn and work with various accounting applications.
- Intellectually curious; not afraid to suggest different approaches to an issue.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.