Sales Specialist Nutrition
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Join our successful and experienced VIC Sales Nutrition team and work with key hospital personnel - clinicians, dieticians, nursing staff, pharmacy and procurement teams in the major hospitals in VIC – part time role (3 days per week).
Your main responsibility will be to establish, maintain and develop mutually beneficial and profitable business relationships between Baxter Healthcare and its customers (both external and internal). You will be responsible for the delivery of Sales and KPI targets on Baxter Nutrition portfolio – products and services.
You will maximise sales opportunities and retain existing business to achieve both revenue and gross profit growth.
What you will be doing:
• Establish relationships and network with all levels of clinical management
• Sell parenteral nutrition as valuable evidence based therapy, for improving the quality of patient outcomes to key customers including Intensivists, Pharmacists, Gastroenterologist, Dieticians and other key health Care professionals
• Work with the Home, Paediatric and Neonatal Nutrition Manager to support and highlight the benefits of Baxter’s Home PN service within key hospitals in the territory
• Identify incremental business opportunities and develop strategies to win sales
• Execute the Nutrition marketing plans
• Offer excellent service, back-up and product knowledge to key customers
• Provide market information and relevant data to internal stakeholders, including National Sales and Marketing Managers
• Provide best practice training of Baxter’s products including in-servicing to clinical staff
• Liaise with the pharmacy operations team to ensure that account ordering needs are implemented
• Utilise SalesForce.com to enhance business relationships through effective analysis of sales activity
• Meet the Baxter 2020 Goal of providing and ensuring ‘Quality and Patient Safety’
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
The ideal background will include demonstrated sales and account management experience in healthcare.
• Understanding of the Australian health care industry and Victorian hospital environment
• Bachelor degree in Nursing, Pharmacy, Dietetics or Science – highly regarded
• Commercial / Sales / Account management in Healthcare
• 2 years Commercial / Sales / Account management experience in healthcare
• Well-developed presentation and communication skills – ability to impart technical and conceptual information
• Proven relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills
• Strong customer focus and a passion for delivering customer satisfaction
• Ability to work autonomously with a drive and determination to succeed
• Aptitude for learning and development and a collaborative team approach
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills
• Ability to be flexible with working hours and undertake interstate travel
• Current drivers licence
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Why Baxter? A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply now and let us have your CV and cover letter.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.