Accountant With Fluent German
Req #: 180005OB_en
Location: Dublin, L IE
Job Category: Finance
Date Posted: 3/11/2018 8:02:03 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
As an Accountant with German you will be a part of the Finance Dept. within Baxter’s Shared Services Centre (SSC). The SSC is in the process of transforming and expanding its operations and increasing the scope of the services it provides. Your role will support the EMEA region providing a variety of accounting and finance services.
- Responsible for general ledger and subledger closing.
- Performing trial balance reviews and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintaining and controlling the finance ERP automatic processes to support accounting and reporting.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities.
- Supporting data integrity and preparation of financial information ensuring completeness, accuracy, timelines and accessibility of financial information (US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting).
- Collaborating with the Centres of Excellence and Service Delivery Partners in execution of end to end financial processes.
- Actively participate in projects/initiatives to achieve continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and/or part qualified ACCA, CIMA or equivalent body.
- Strong, relevant professional experience.
- Experience of operational responsibility in finance/accounting environment.
- Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes.
- Knowledge of an ERP system, JD Edwards experience an advantage.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and German.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.