Customer Service Specialist
* Responsible for managing aspects of prescription processing and order fulfillment for the Medical Products Renal business through answering calls from a toll free number and other non-phone related activities (fax, email, etc) in the Remote Prescription/Medication Order Processing Pharmacy.
* Assist pharmacists with functions related to the receipt, documentation, and fulfilling of prescription orders as permitted by pharmacy regulations.
* Accountable for providing superior service to all external customers, patients, and Baxter team members.
* Handles exceptions as required and general inquiries and correspondences for customers.
* Responsible for providing accurate, responsive, and efficient prescription processing, placement of orders, backorder fulfillment, shipping discrepancies, customer returns, customer inquiries, and other customer or patient requests.
* Required to balance service and cost for the supply chain organization while meeting or exceeding key performance indicators.
* Responsible for documenting service failures that impact the customer and the organization.
* Collaboration with the following departments: Product Information, Distribution Centers, Planning and Deployment, Credit and Collections, Customer Master, various sales representatives, Center for One Baxter, and others.
* Through the ordering process, obtain information on the amount, type, stock on hand. Expedite product availability and manage the release of back orders. May monitor reorder points and initiate action to replenish stock. Works with the customer to determine needed quantities and frequency of delivery of product.
* Sets-up new accounts, documents service requirements, maintains other records, and prepares customer required reports.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
* Certified Pharmacy Technician License a major plus, must be in good standing.
* Effectively prioritize multiple tasks
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
* Expertise in working in the Microsoft applications and must have an aptitude for working in web based applications
* Ability to work remotely using a high speed wired internet connection
* Demonstrate an ability to provide customers with superior service and a high level of satisfaction
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment, attention to detail, and excellent problem resolution skills
* Ability to speak Spanish is an asset
* JD Edwards system knowledge, a plus * Must be flexible to cover a shift during the pharmacy hours of operation which are 7:00 to 6:00 pm CST
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.