Learning Strategy & Design Manager
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
As part of the Medical Products Sales Training Team, this role will guide the US Field Sales Organizations through the design and development of effective blended learning programs (including eLearning) to meet the needs of the business. Utilizes instructional design, adult learning concepts, and technology tools to manage, organize and implement training. Works independently to deliver to deadlines negotiated with training, sales and marketing teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with other sales training team members to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- Independently conduct, document and archive project needs-assessments that will be utilized to design, develop and implement learning solutions.
- Determine most effective delivery methodologies for learning projects based on resources and project constraints.
- Acting as (or partner with) training manager project lead, work with sales, marketing, regulatory or other stakeholders to manage projects with careful consideration of how the project enhances learning as a process and not as an event.
- Lead development with subject matter experts to ensure that training materials and workshops align with adult learning theory principles (eLearning materials, instructor lead, and / or blended learning).
- Embrace technology as a key element of the learning process by maintaining skills with current technology and software tools utilized in the development, management, and delivery of learning content.
- Design the learning environment using software and other technology tools to create, manage, and deliver content.
- Create content that incorporates game elements, sound, animation, graphics, and other components used to illustrate, engage, entertain and expand the knowledge of the learners; assure knowledge transfer in ways that actively engage the learners as adult participants.
- Identify, recommend and manage external vendors to insure superior quality within the defined budget.
- Lead the roll-out of new training technologies across all supported organizations.
- Provide input on strategic vision, tactical improvements within the department bringing shared expertise and guidance to other members of the team.
- Regularly research and evaluate new and trending development technologies; recommending changes, updates, and enhancements to existing tools.
- Manage Sales Training Tools such as the LMS and iPad Application.
- Maintain and update core training programs as processes and systems change.
Qualifications for this Role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively assess learning needs, design, develop and implement learning environments based on a project plan to achieve the training goals defined.
- Knowledge of adult learning concepts and multi-generational learning techniques
- Demonstrated excellence in project planning and management.
- Experience delivering creative and innovative learning content in a variety of implementation media that include: blended learning, ILT, vILT and eLearning.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete these projects to agreed timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the selling process - ability to comprehend and execute sales processes.
- Demonstrated results orientation and high productivity through setting high standards and achieving stretch goals.
- Demonstrate self-direction, professionalism, collaboration, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new information quickly.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Strong creative aptitude in interactive, multi-media content design, mobile learning, and video production.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree. Emphasis on instructional design, adult learning, organization development, educational technology or related academic discipline preferred.
- Three years of instructional design, development, and implementation experience with successful technical training experience required.
- Experience with creative software and e-learning authoring tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline 2, Animate, Lectora or Captivate).
- Experience with content development tools (e.g. Photoshop, Acrobat, Audition or Premier).
- Documented experience in developing, implementing and evaluating content material of learning management systems (LMS) using SCORM, AICC or xAPI (Tin Can).
- Experience using ISD models (e.g. ADDIE, SAM, Action-Mapping).
- Experience working in pharma, healthcare sector and sales organizations a plus.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.