Chemist - Day Shift
Req #: 180005P7_en
Location: Alliston, ON CA
Job Category: Quality
Date Posted: 3/7/2018 10:09:00 AM
This position is based at our manufacturing facility in Alliston, one hour north of Toronto
Position Summary : Perform chemical analysis to ensure product acceptability. Ensure that final products meet required standards before release by analyzing them using instrumental and wet chemical techniques according to the specifications. Analyze in-process samples using a variety of assays and procedures, taking appropriate action if the result is out of the specified limits. Maintain chemistry lab in good order
· Perform analytical chemical analysis to ensure products meet required standards using instrumental and wet chemical techniques according to specifications. Compile analysis reports by entering results into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) approving them and forwarding to the Document center.
· Ensure that production lines make products within specification limits by analyzing in-process samples using variety of assays and procedures, taking appropriate action if the result is out of specified limits.
· Support departmental 6s efforts by maintaining all work areas in a clean and orderly state, disposing of waste, cleaning glass ware and removing expired chemicals / reagents. Maintain chemistry lab in good order by housecleaning, disposing waste, cleaning glassware and removing expired chemicals/ reagents.
· Perform required preventative maintenance on equipment's in QM lab. to ensure proper functioning and delivery of consistent and reliable results. Contact manufacturers of equipment and arrange for service in event of malfunction of equipment.
· University Degree, Bachelor of Science Majoring in Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry
· 1-2 years of analytical chemical testing lab experience. Over 2 years of chemical lab experience in a pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
· Familiarity with laboratory equipment in a Quality Management Laboratory
· Proficiency in MS Office and laboratory computerized systems
· Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
· Highly effective analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking abilities
· Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience performing analytical testing in compliance with specification requirements.
· Instrumental techniques such as HPLC, ICP-MS, GC Atomic Absorption, UV-VIS spectroscopy, Flame Photometry and IR spectroscopy.
· Knowledge of GMP, ISO and regulatory requirements
· Familiarity with LIMS is an asset
· Technical writing experience is an asset.