Senior Manager Product Purchasing
Req #: 180001ZA_en
Location: Braine-l'Alleud, BE
Job Category: Purchasing
Date Posted: 3/7/2018 6:11:05 AM
DescriptionOur employees around the world are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us as a company in doing work that matters.Do you want to know why it is so wonderful to work for Baxter? Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
You will be the Lead Purchasing Single Point of Contact for Products Developed by a Global Business Unit of Baxter (including R&D and its Partners). Develop and execute Action Plans to meet Company Objectives by leveraging the external Supplier Base and the internal Baxter Purchasing and Cross-Functional Network.
More specifically, you will:
- Crystallize Business Objectives in terms of Baxter Products – Product Portfolio, Roadmap by Region, Cost and Quality Objectives etc – as input to Purchasing Actions
- Lead Development of Purchasing Plan to Deliver against them. Key Purchasing Interface to R&D Team responsible for Development (and Sustaining) of a Key Baxter Product or Product Family
- Be a direct or indirect Team Manager of employees in GBU Product Purchasing
- Owner of the Bill-of-Material (BOM) for assigned products in regards to 3rd party material and service supply, proactively take actions to continuously improve cost, quality, availability
- Responsible for ensuring early involvement of Purchasing for Supply Base Integration, prototype purchasing during design and development phase, and supplier launch readiness
- Responsible for supplier-statement-of-work (SSOW), specification agreement (including documenting design and other deliverables) and updating process with suppliers
- Responsible for purchase price variance for assigned products, including total cost analysis and improvement actions, issuing and updating of Purchase Orders or Purchase Schedule Agreements
- Responsible for Product or Process changes for assigned suppliers, (with R&D and Manufacturing), issuing Engineering Change Requests and negotiating and placing Engineering Change Orders
- Responsible for End-of-Production and End-of-Life Management for 3rd party material on assigned products, Spare Parts pricing and material obsolescence incident management
- Cooperate with Category Purchasing, Supplier Development, and other functions to identify and drive implementation for sourcing projects and continuous improvement projects.
QualificationsWho you are
- Bachelor/Master degree. Degree in Chemistry is a strong asset
- Experience (min 7 years) overall business and/or purchasing experience
- Ability to think strategically and globally. Financial acumen; high degree of ethics
- Excellent project management, facilitation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to build strategic supplier relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in English. Knowledge of additional European languages is an asset.
- Good command of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What we offer
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from! We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to http://www.baxter.com/careers.page
Who we are
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.Our 50,000 employees serve patients and clinicians in more than 100 countries and are dedicated to ensuring Baxter is there when patients need care. Our inclusive culture and a diverse workforce drives innovation, creates trusted partnerships with customers, suppliers, and community partners, and contributes to the success and sustainability of our business. Every day at Baxter is a chance to save and sustain lives
Equal Opportunity Employer Discrimination: Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO AGENCIES:Baxter does not accept referrals from recruitment agencies regarding the jobs posted on this site unless formally instructed by Baxter. Recruitment agencies are required to contact Baxter’s Human Resources department to obtain prior written approval before referring any candidates to Baxter. Obtaining the prior written approval is a prerequisite to any agreement between the recruitment agency and Baxter. In the absence of such written approval or Baxter purchase order, any actions undertaken by the recruitment agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent of Baxter. Baxter shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by recruitment agencies as regards the vacancies posted on this site.