As part of the Internal Audit Department team, the Staff Auditor will conduct audits to complete the Annual Audit Plan of BCU.
This position will conduct financial and operational audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls. Working both independently and as part of a team, the Staff Auditor will evaluate data queries, perform detail testing; and prepare written analyses, conclusions, findings and recommendations based on the audit work performed. This position will also monitor and validate the status of recommendations made from previous audits and will assist with the coordination of external audits and regulatory reviews.
The Staff Auditor will also monitor various projects and governance committees (as assigned) to identify potential internal control or compliance concerns. The Staff Auditor will be responsible for advising management on potential risks and providing appropriate recommendations to mitigate risk. The Staff Auditor will also provide periodic reporting of the team’s activities to Audit Management.
1. Conduct financial, operational and compliance audits, including reviews of service centers located in sixteen states and Puerto Rico;
2. Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls;
3. Review and evaluate compliance with policies and procedures, and state and federal regulations;
4. Run data analysis and prepare workpapers to document the work performed with appropriate conclusions as to the results of testing;
5. Prepare recommendations that address deficiencies identified. Validate and discuss recommendations with appropriate management;
6. Track the progress of remediation efforts for outstanding audit issues, and validate that resolutions have been properly implemented.
7. Support external and regulatory audits by coordinating the retrieval of documents and other informational requests, and performing testing as required;
8. Investigate account activity captured by various monitoring reports designed to detect money laundering, improper account maintenance, or other potentially fraudulent activity;
9. Monitor and assist operational departments with project implementations;
10. Participate in special investigations as required; and
11. Perform other special projects as needed.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred;
• A minimum of 2 years experience working in an internal audit function is required, preferably within the Financial Services industry.
• Spanish language skills strongly desired;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills preferred, must have the ability to assess risk, and understand and document internal controls;
• Must be a self-starter, possess strong organization skills, and must be able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks;
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and business writing skills are required, must be able to write recommendations and reports in a clear, concise manner; and
• Must demonstrate a degree of professional skepticism necessary to be successful for an auditing role.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.