The Sr. Contract Negotiations Associate is responsible for leading and completion of bids documents and development of direct/ group purchasing organization off template agreements for US Hospital Products and Renal. The Sr. Contract Negotiations Associate provides analytical and strategic support to the Sales Operations functions, and works collaboratively with various other functions including Sales, Marketing, and Corporate Legal teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that each account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
- Draft, review, negotiate and finalize a variety of business contracts and correspondence. Prepare and assist in the processing of template agreements from initial drafting to finalization.
- Effectively negotiate contract terms; provide guidance and recommendation on contract terms to business team; work directly with external parties to identify alternative contract provisions to resolve differences between Baxter and external parties.
- Consistently exercise independent judgment to identify potential legal and/or business-related issues, including concerns related to operational risk, and seek guidance where appropriate
- Provide legal support to assist in the processing direct and/or group purchasing organization off template agreements from initial drafting to finalization.
- Responsible to lead bids and agreements templates for the US Hospital and Renal.
- Provide accurate and efficient support to our customers and stakeholders, while creating profitable and quality agreements for Baxter.
- Ability to collaborate and work with individuals levels of the organization. Including Legal, Sales, and internal and external business associates.
- Participate in process innovation to develop/identify procedural gaps, drive for improvements, efficiencies, achieve results and enhance customer relationships.
- Communicate with Sales to understand customer needs and business opportunities.
- Provide operational support to Marketing in conjunction with the implementation of product launches and promotional pricing by creating agreement templates.
- Responsible for contributions to and/or creations of standard operating procedures and the maintenance of those procedures.
Qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
N/A: Intern or Co-op
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact across all levels of the organization are critical.
- Must be a self-starter and ability to work proficiently with limited supervision.
- Candidate must have excellent organization skills, is focused on customer satisfaction and provides timely and accurate results.
- Individual must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Proficient with usage and capabilities of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Brio, JDE & BAMS.
A Bachelor’ degree and 4-8 years of experience in related field is required; Paralegal experience is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.