Sr Network Engineer
• The Network engineer is responsible for the detailed design, creation, configuration and delivery of cloud and on-premise infrastructure environments for a variety of solutions across BCU using best practices and business acumen. The function of the role will include all technological aspects associated with cloud computing and on-premise technology stack, including architecture, security, design, planning, management, maintenance and support. The scope of the role includes the extensive knowledge of on-premise (private), off-premise (public). Hybrid cloud models along with cloud implementation service models (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) is a plus.
• Design cloud and on premise infrastructure environments with best practice configurations for a wide variety of systems including databases, web services and web applications. Efficiently translate from architecture/environment diagrams to formulate appropriate questions to identify and remediate design gaps. Review and analyze architecture level security solutions at the domain or product level to transform them into cloud infrastructure detailed designs and implementation plans.
• Analyze and modifies enterprise technology strategy and architecture. Analyzes how business processes interact with technology to create value for the business. Maintains knowledge of cloud technologies, trends, and standards. Provides input to the content of Requests for Information / Proposal (RFI/P) around the BCU’s technology architecture / infrastructure requirements and guiding principles. Conduct trend analyses to track emerging industry trends and technologies. Research, and assist in the piloting the evaluation of new tools, technologies, and/or processes to maintain and enhance the critical system infrastructure.
• Ensure systems are up-to-date to latest security patches and operational resilience to incidence. Automate Azure provisioning via PowerShell. Ensure that resources are provisioned in an automated programmatic fashion wherever possible. Automate the process of patching and vulnerability remediation.
• Gather network requirements for projects, architect, design, and implement solutions utilizing Cisco best practices.
• Implement cloud networking components such as vNets, subnets, routing tables and rules, network security groups, azure automation, etc.
• Setup and configure networking foundation for Citrix VDI.
• Participate in multiple projects concurrently.
• Support Branch deployments from the networking perspective.
• Manage Telco relationships from technical standpoint, conducting analysis and recommendations with BCU Networking in mind.
Required Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Solid understanding of network architecture best practices and tradeoffs.
• Demonstrated experience with wireless network implementations.
• Serve as highest-level subject matter expert on routing, switching, and LAN/WAN detailed design
• 10+ years’ network engineering experience in the following:
o Cisco Nexus and IOS Switches, IOS-XE, ISO-XR Routers, VPN
o Static routing, OSPF & BGP routing protocols
o Route-Maps, Prefix-lists
o Redistribution to/from BGP and OSPF
o VRF lite
o IPSec VPNs (router and ASA)
o QoS and traffic shaping
• Ability to troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity issues in complex Cisco environments
• Experience with network security, and network monitoring tools such as Solar Winds.
• Working knowledge of the technical aspects of application protocols, such as HTTP(S), SMTP, SSL, and DNS, Common applications of cryptography, such as PGP, etc., familiarity of Active Directory, Security event and log management, Identity and access management, Encryption in the cloud
• Strong problem solving skill set, desire to own solutions and the ability to understand new technologies quickly are essential
• Ability to thrive under pressure.
“Nice to have” Qualifications:
• CCNP (route/switch) certification minimum
• Experience managing Telecom providers.
• Virtualization – Citrix, Hyper-V
• Microsoft System Center
• Working knowledge of VOIP/IPT technology
• Experience with PowerShell or other automation environments and scripting technology in Microsoft Azure context.
• Experience moving workloads from on premise to IaaS or PaaS environments (Azure preferable).
• Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
• Practical scripting with PowerShell and/or programming skill preferred.
• Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.