Human Resources Manager/Business Partner, US Hospital Products
DescriptionHuman Resources Manager/Business Partner, US Hospital Products
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Support the HR strategy for U.S. Hospital Products, ensuring strategy is positively affecting the bottom-line of the business and that high-quality HR processes are being delivered to the business and correctly applied.
• Support/partnership for a predominantly U.S. workforce, including sales, marketing, business operations, BioPharma Solutions, and commercial training, partnering with and providing consultative support to senior management and employee population.
• Significant focus on organizational design work and change management initiatives; incumbent should be well versed in these principals.
• Incumbent should possess business savvy and high degrees of both business and financial acumen.
• Drive initiatives that support business strategies
• Partner with all Leadership Team members, especially VP, US Sales
• Provide coaching and support to management around key hiring and headcount related activities
• Drive and support talent program initiatives within function with ability to represent talent cross-functionally
• Engage COEs to apply enterprise-wide processes
• Understand performance/potential within the Baxter workforce
• Support capability gaps assessment & support developmental planning activities
• Enable manager effectiveness/ coaching, including support of A.C.E
• Coach leaders and employees through employee relations matters (e.g., provide works council administration; relationship management)
• Partner with business leaders to drive employee engagement
• Coach management on key annual compensation activities
• Recommend and drive improvement to HR systems, policies and processes (e.g., ongoing coordination with COEs on initiatives and communications)
• Facilitate workshops, as needed
• Partner with Employee Relations Center of Excellence, support investigations and provide business perspective, as appropriate
• Strong knowledge of HR management components such as training, development, compensation, performance management, change leadership and organizational design.
• A proven track record of disciplined action and execution in Human Resource roles. In this role, there should be demonstrated skills and proficiency in the following areas: ability to persuade and influence effectively at multiple levels of an organization, strong teamwork and proven skills communicating effectively.
• Critical experience supporting a Sales organization
• Strong HR process orientation, but with a flexible mindset understanding not a one-size-fits-all approach.
• Experience working with Leadership Team members and employees working from a variety of locations (field, corporate, OUS).
• The ability to manage relationships through understanding of environment and needs is also expected.
• Strong project and process management skills, and strong consulting skills.
• Able to analyze data quickly and thoroughly, and provide sound business recommendations based on data.
• Above average financial acumen for an HR professional.
• Proficiency and comfort with Microsoft Office and HR Systems (e.g., Taleo, WorkDay).
• At least 5 years of progressive global HR professional experience, prefer at least 3 years in a generalist role. Non-traditional HR candidates encouraged to apply.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Master's in Human Resources or Business preferred.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.