Mgr I, Quality
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the activities of the PD disposable Quality Engineering organization with responsibility for results in terms of product quality, performance and safety. In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and may not have subordinates.
- Implements the quality systems procedures and manages compliance in a section or department.
- Understands and assures conformance to regulations in a section or department. Interfaces with regulators during regulatory inspections.
- May participate in or manage quality assessments of internal operations and suppliers to analyze compliance and assess risk.
- Interacts frequently with subordinate supervisors and functional peer group managers including manufacturing peers.
- Identifies and manages continuous improvement projects with the objective of achieving quality, reliability and cost improvements.
- Develops budget for a section or department and ensures adherence to the budget.
- Manages the coaching, training and development of subordinates.
Qualifications for this role
- Thorough knowledge of applicable procedures, specifications, regulations and standards with a high focus on Change Control, CAPA, and trend analysis
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage/supervise a team of employees.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal/communication/influencing/negotiation skills.
- Good project management skills.
Education and Experience
BS in science or engineering. 5+ years experience in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field which should include 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.