Sr Mgr, Strategy & Business Development
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
About the Clinical Nutrition Global Business Unit
This role will be aligned to Baxter’s Clinical Nutrition Global Business Unit (GBU). Our Clinical Nutrition GBU is a global leader in the development, manufacture and sale of critical nutrition products needed to sustain and save lives of the patients who depend them.
The Sr. Manager, Strategy & Business development will play a critical role in shaping the direction of our business by identifying gaps and opportunities in our portfolio and developing organic and inorganic strategies to fill those gaps. This role is part of the “GBU team”, which requires working with colleagues across all regions globally and across numerous functions to define and evaluate opportunities to enhance the growth trajectory of the global business.
· Lead a variety of high priority strategy projects (e.g., country-level strategy, business segment strategy, competitive tactics); these projects typically involved problem framing, primary and/or secondary research, and management/facilitation of cross-functional teams across the organization
· Identify inorganic growth opportunities to transform our business portfolio
· Manage the business development pipeline for the GBU, which includes triaging new business development opportunities (deciding on initial go / no-go), engaging with target companies to understand their potential and fit with Baxter, conducting initial analyses on market categories and new technologies, and building diligence teams for opportunities worthy of cross-functional due diligence
· Lead due diligence teams to evaluate partnership and acquisition opportunities, and recommend go / no-go decisions to make a corresponding investment
· Support the development of a long-term innovation roadmap
· Build business cases for specific innovation opportunities and drive to investment decisions
· Support market development (e.g., defining adoption barriers and approaches to address them to drive penetration/adoption of new therapies) efforts around potentially transformative therapies currently under development
· Broad strategy-related experience is required with multiple years of consulting preferred
· Experience in supporting M&A due diligence is required
· Proven track record of successfully managing teams outside direct reporting control is a must
· MedTech and/or healthcare products industry experience required
· Master’s degree strongly recommended
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.