Project Manager - Healthcare/Medical Device/Pharma
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Drives implementation of projects by establishing strategy, schedules, budgets, and financial analysis.
- Support Planning Sessions as workstream lead.
- Provides clear direction on project requirements to meet expectations of external customers and business stakeholders.
- Interacts through program and/or project updates and reviews with all levels of management.
- Effectively gather the status updates and communicate the same to Program Lead
- Work very closely with functional leads and support them to accomplish tasks/deliverables
- Drives use of Project Management Methodology throughout projects.
- Approves team deliverables for project completion.
- Proactively participates in PMO processes and makes recommendations for refinements within the Project Management Office.
- Leads team in risk management approaches and systems.
- Responsible for making decisions regarding the appropriate risk when there is substantial project or program impact.
- Ensures appropriate linkages of this information to the project prioritization and/or portfolio process.
- Maximizes business results through continuous improvement in organization's ability to execute projects and programs from initiation to completion and production scale-up.
- Owning Box site, tracking and execution of scope and financial deliverables and associated reporting. Finance Management
- Eliminates or minimizes barriers to progress.
- Anticipates potential conflict situations, identifies and acts on proactive solutions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Weekly and monthly Box updates of Initiative and Milestone Status
- Participation, including presenting updates/escalated items and fielding questions, in the program meeting
- Escalation of issues, risks, and changes via communication mechanisms
- Utilizing and enhancing standard reporting and communication tools to ensure appropriate and timely communication and reporting from multiple projects.
- Meeting participation/facilitation
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Must have ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Must display eagerness to learn and continuously improve.
- MBA/MS or Bachelors with equivalent plus 7 years project management experience and 10 years of demonstrated success leading multi-site, global or enterprise-wide programs in the medical products industry
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.