- Manufacture anesthetics following the guidelines established by the Plant Management in a safe, productive, efficient manner at or under budgeted production costs.
- Supervise the operation of his/her area maintaining a high standard of proficiency, quality of work and motivation.
- Responsible for the manufacture of the anesthetic following the company policies and procedures, the Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP), Environmental Quality Board (EQB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), OSHA and all other government regulations. On time within planned schedules.
- Responsible of shift personnel and maintain a safe environment during regular working hours, weekends, holidays and while senior management is out of the plant
- Monitor the team and the work is to avoid lost work day or significant injuries.
- Responsible for the shift operations, maintaining the process efficiency at the lower cost, maintaining or improving the unit yields and the production budget. On or below cost standards.
- Responsible for requesting maintenance for the production equipment and assuring the safety condition of the equipment and the area to be working at. Minimum equipment downtime.
- Assure that the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and the new changes to the operational procedures are followed.
- Satisfactory audits (internal and external).Assure development of subordinates by means of cross training within the production areas. Continuous improvement of personnel skills and performance.
- Develop and maintain a safety conscious group. He/she will assure that all operational procedures are followed, employee perform their tasks following the safety procedure/rules, employee complies with the use of required personal protective equipment, coach employees not complying with requirements, investigate all and report accident/incident of his employees or on his area of responsibility, and give follow-up on corrective actions, conduct or coordinate all required safety training, assure that employees complies with all federal, state, and company requirements, such as OSHA, EPA, FDA.
- No lost workday or significant injuries. Compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Implement and promote Lean Manufacturing strategies and objectives in his/her area
- Lean Six Sigma Knowledge.
- Within the framework of the overall strategic direction and vision of the site set by the Plant, the position has the responsibility to act proactively to execute day-to-day production activities and schedules. Decisions requiring quality interpretations and GMP compliance rest with Quality direction, with input of facts from the position. The position sets the overall tone and gives broad and/or specific direction to subordinates functional disciplines within the plant.
- Coordinate all production activities within his/her shift and reports to the Production Manager.
- Supervises a group of anesthetics operators utilizing an extensive variety of highly sophisticated and expensive equipment.
- Manufacturing a very costly product with highly technical processes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.