Receptionist (1 Year Contract)
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This position is responsible for the professional and efficient management of reception operations during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Ensure reception operations are maintained and professional phone etiquette is used at all times.
• Ensure that all telephone calls are processed promptly, screened and forwarded to the appropriate department or person.
• Ensure that emergency calls are appropriately supported using emergency response procedures
• Order business cards; update the phone directory, process building maintenance requests as needed.
• Ensure all visitors are registered, given a visitor pass and received by their appropriate sponsor/escort.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism when dealing with confidential information involving business, employee, and security related issues as well as a variety of personnel from all levels of management. Perform security clerical support and procedures as needed.
• Conduct facility orientation for new employees
• Coordinate schedule for ergonomic assessments
• Cross train with and support the service center including new employee tour of Head Quarters
• High School Diploma
• Post Secondary Education
Major Subjects / Specialties
• General Business
• Customer Service
• Or Equivalent.
• Logistics (prioritize work load and time management)
Type of Experience
• Prior experience as a receptionist or customer service representative.
Years of Experience
• 1 year
• 3-5 years
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Excellent phone skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Detailed oriented
• Advanced level Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work efficiently as an individual or in a team environment
• Must be able to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Analytical/problem solving experience
• Strong business acumen
• Strong time management and organizational skills
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.