Sr. Risk/Financial Analyst - Risk Management & Insurance
DescriptionSr. Risk/Financial Analyst - Risk Management & Insurance
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• The primary responsibility of the Sr. Risk Analyst, Risk Management is to provide tactical and strategic analytical support to the Risk Management Department.
• Support the development and implementation of insurable risk financing strategies for Baxter’s insurable risks.
• Responsible for management of all finance related activities within Risk Management, support the team with the executive, property and financial lines of coverage, RMIS system, vendor and contractual management and internal website.
• Routinely interfaces with Insurance Brokers and various internal Baxter Stakeholders worldwide.
• Includes international and domestic responsibility with respect to financial administration of the insurance programs and risks associated with the business.
• Reports to the Director, Risk Management within Treasury/Global Planning.
• Provide tactical and strategic analytical support for Baxter’s global property, executive and financial liability insurance programs which includes attending strategy meetings and performing required program administration
• Communicates global risk processes and maintains relationships with Baxter internal stakeholders. These partners may include Tax, Real Estate, HR, Facilities, Engineering, Finance, and Corporate Security.
• Implement standardized processes for collecting, analyzing, and reporting renewal exposures
• Management and analysis of property asset and business interruption exposures. Field incoming property data from all levels in the organization and with varying urgency, develop solutions for problems as necessary, and ensure timely responses to internal and external partner requests
• Develop property loss mitigation reporting utilizing Loss Expectancy data. Provide reporting that supports Capex initiatives
• Responsible for the maintenance of Risk Management Information System (RMIS). Supports the day-to-day evolution of the RMIS system
• Develop reports and dashboards to provide insight into Total Cost of Risk
• Develop reporting and provide analysis that supports Smartspend Governance (zero based budgeting initiatives)
• Lead financial activities; forecasting, planning and support of Risk Management transactions and budgets
• Captive administration including monitoring financial transactions, cash flows and account receivable activities
• Key liaison of Baxter’s Center of Excellence and BAS financial teams
• Management of Risk Management’s internal website (Sharepoint)
• Processes monopolistic, insured and self insured Workers Comp reporting and manages premium audits
• Ensures compliance and maintenance of key audit protocols
• Supports the Baxter Risk Management team; acting as an internal data and reporting liaison
• Support the Risk Management group on special projects
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
• Proven detail oriented, organizational, analytical and decision-making capabilities. Determine needs and the best way to get things done; able to craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate with positive solutions
• Ability to take initiative, eagerness to learn and continuously improve
• Ability to work in a busy environment, manage multiple competing priorities and escalate or resolve issues appropriately. Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Personal accountability to deliver results and solve inquiries and process challenges
• Ability to read, understand and manage contractual agreements and financials
• High level skill with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Experience with other data and statistical applications are a plus (Sharepoint, Tableau, RMIS, Hyperion Financial Management and JDE)
• Willingness to travel up to 15% (Chicagoland area)
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
• 4+ years’ related Corporate Risk Management, Finance or Reporting experience
• Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications. Financial acumen required
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.