Senior Manager, Quality Management System - APAC
Req #: 180003HD_en
Location: Singapore, SG
Job Category: Quality
Date Posted: 2/22/2018 8:39:06 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Senior Quality Systems Manager is responsible for supporting the operations, personnel and compliance activities of all the Manufacturing, Technical Service Centers, Distribution facilities and General Offices in the AP Region.
- This position is responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining the overall Quality Management System in Asia Pacific.
- The Manager is responsible for communicating quality and compliance strategies to/from Divisional and Corporate leaders, and facilities within the Region.
- The Manager ensures that processes, systems and procedures for regulatory compliance are established and deployed.
- The Manager will ensure compliance with the Baxter Quality Management System and represent the APAC region for Quality Systems, CAPA and Training. They will lead the AP versions of these forums.
- Appropriate EHS training is required
- Implement the EHS Policy and requirements as applicable to the function
- Report incidents, near miss and/or hazards by using the report forms as appropriate.
- Any serious near miss, hazard, injury is to be immediately reported to more senior management and the Environment or Health and Safety Manager.
- Ensure business relationships reflect the basic principles of Leadership Expectations and Baxter’s Code of Conduct
- To ensure we treat all employees fairly, according to their skills, education, qualifications, experience, abilities and aptitudes, without discrimination so that decisions are based on merit and equal opportunity for all
- Employees at every level are responsible for quality (GMP) and regulatory performance in the department to ensure quality program is met
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, legal documents, safety and ethical standards, obtaining legal and/or corporate compliance training as required
Do you have what it takes to build a career here
Minimum of 10 years management / quality leadership experience is required.
Prior experience in a position with direct responsibility and accountability for compliant management, quality systems / quality operations / quality assessment management required.
English language skills should be high a second Asia Language eg. Mandarin would be an advantage but not mandatory.
Excellent verbal and written communication; and presentation skills are essential.
Excellent command and understanding of Quality Management and Quality System Requirements.
Able to present Baxter quality systems effectively. In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements for manufacturing.
Able to coach, train and develop personnel within the Region on Quality Systems.
Strong leadership, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
Must be able to communicate with multifunctional groups at all levels of management at Baxter.
Must project professionalism and model leadership.
Confident style and the ability to interact effectively with senior executives.
Sound reasoning ability and the ability to prioritize, act, effectively direct others and provide coaching and feedback to others at all levels is essential.
Must have the maturity to prevent risks, to identify and manage risks and to direct others in meeting regulatory obligations.
Qualification and Education:
BS in science or engineering.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters!
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.