Sr. Manufacturing Plant Controller
DescriptionSr. Manufacturing Plant Controller
Mountain Home, AR
Note: Relocation Support May be Available
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
About Baxter’s Mountain Home, AR Plant
Baxter's facility in Mountain Home has produced high quality, life-saving products since 1964. The Mountain Home team has expertise in product design and development, manufacturing, packaging, sterilization and quality management. Baxter Mountain Home is a global leader in the manufacture of medical-grade PVC plastics, utilizes robotic technologies, ships products to more than 30 customers worldwide and produces 124 finished goods codes.
The sustained success of this multi-product, multi-division facility can be traced directly to the commitment of the management team, the experience of the employees and an unwavering dedication to quality, efficiency and reliability. Continuous improvement efforts are driven by world class strategies designed around a strong leadership system, customer driven processes and a keen commitment to lean philosophies.
• Responsible for all accounting and budget functions for the Mountain Home, AR manufacturing plant.
• Key member of the plants’ Senior Management Team.
• Provides proactive decision support, financial expertise, and solutions to help the plant achieve its’ objectives.
• Ensures determination and application of adequate internal control measures and drives continuous improvement of financial systems and policies.
• Lead and develop a 3-person local Finance team
• Lead the comprehensive Manufacturing Plant planning and reporting processes - strategic plan, quarterly forecasts, operating plan, monthly spending, and weekly estimates to plan/forecast - to help drive balanced growth.
• Proactively provide weekly and monthly analysis on present performance to budget and forecast to drive improvement.
• Coordinate the annual plant standard cost recalculation and forecast processes
• Supervise through staff, payroll, fixed assets, financial reporting, cost accounting and inventory control functions.
• Provide plant and divisions with accurate and timely financial data (i.e. Forecast of plant performance, day-to-day analysis).
• Provide financial modeling / business decision support on all plant investments and new business initiatives, including capital investments
• Coordinate internal and external audits.
• Manage / ensure appropriate internal controls are in place
• Review contracts for proper accounting treatment.
• Provide support for plant capacity reviews/analysis
• Support Working Capital and Capital initiatives and tracking as required
• 3-5 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong leadership skills; ability to take initiative, guide and influence others toward achieving goals.
• Ability to multi-task and deal effectively in a lean complex organization
• Strong interpersonal skills and an effective cross-functional communicator with good presentation skills. Hands on approach.
• Strong analytical skills, decision making capabilities and knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
• Ability to contribute ideas to address business issues
• Advance knowledge of PC applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
• Good at managing a team/other – established and communicate expectations, motivate individuals and provide honest and specific feedback.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting (or country equivalent). CPA and MBA preferred.
• Demonstration of key finance competencies and qualifications and typically 9 or more years of experience with emphasis on cost and budgeting.
• 5+years’ experience in management.
• MRP and database experience
• Experience in a regulated environment preferred/not required
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.