Req #: 180001A1_en
Location: Hertfordshire, ENG UK
Job Category: Engineering
Date Posted: 2/21/2018 8:19:12 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
As a Process Engineer you are responsible for all aspects of sustaining engineering following product introduction.
- Provide technical input/support for new and existing products, product enhancements and the introduction of product line extensions
- Identify opportunities to improve cost, quality and productivity across relevant processes
- Ensure that all manufacturing methods, processes, equipment and test equipment are designed to provide optimal products in terms of performance, quality and cost
- Active involvement in manufacturing projects to improve process using six sigma and lean methodology
- Application of process optimisation and statistical process control techniques
- Investigation of non-conformance issues, implement solutions, report and present to Quality for closure
- Execute experiments required to support process development and manufacturing activities
- Involvement in process improvement activities within the production area.
- Develop and execute equipment qualification and process validation activities, protocols and reports.
- Ensure that validation requirements are adequately defined, implemented and completed where required
- Provide input to risk management processes
- Keep abreast of manufacturing technological developments
Skills and Experience
Sound knowledge of Good Manufacturing Processes
Significant level of project engineering or project management experience gained ideally within a medical device manufacturing environment.
Experience of validation life cycle – equipment, process, cleaning, utilities.
Ability to deliver process validation plans and the requisite documentation requirements.
Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Operational Excellence. Proven problem-solving skills.
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a technical or engineering discipline.
Fully proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel and Word
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.