Field Service Engineer
Req #: 180004OE_en
Location: , NZ
Job Category: Technical Services
Date Posted: 2/21/2018 4:49:16 AM
DescriptionField Service Engineer – NZ
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
What You’ll Be Doing
Through efficiency, innovation, value and a safer healthcare environment, our Renal division has experienced continued success, being market leader in Renal Therapies across Australia and New Zealand. An exciting opportunity has become available for a Field Service Engineer to join our team, based in Wellington Hospital and supporting the team in New Zealand.
Key requirements are:
• Installation, repair and testing of medical equipment
• Planning and executing annual maintenance programmes for a variety of hardware
• Provide trouble shooting technical support to customers
• Accurate reporting of service details
• Identify and communicate repair trends
• Professional personal presentation
• Excellent customer focus and relationship building
• Ability to travel as required
• Strong written and oral communication skill
QualificationsDo you have what it takes to build a career here?
Essential Skills and Qualifications
• Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical College or University Certificate, Diploma or Degree.
• Current EAS practising license
• At least 3 years’ relevant customer premises and or hospital environment experience.
• Current Drivers Licence
• Minimum basic skill level in MS Office applications
• Intermediate level IT skills
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion.
• Ability to work autonomously and a team player, with a drive and determination to succeed.
• Proven strong customer focus with a passion for delivering customer satisfaction.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
• Hold one or more tertiary qualifications, preferably in the fields of science or technology.
• Current EST practising license
• Trade level certification in Electrical or Plumbing Australia or New Zealand relevant standards.
• Experience working in an ISO quality management system environment.
If you have a strong and positive customer focus, technical aptitude, attention to detail, are a team player and able to work autonomously in the field then we would like to hear from you. If have medical and particularly renal experience, then even better (although not essential).
Ideally your previous experience will have been gained in the biomedical engineering sector, however applicants with proven electro-mechanical or technical experience and computer competency will be considered. Full current driver's license is essential and a company car and fuel card will be provided.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and experience a career that matters! Applications close 23rd February 2018.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.