Quality Engineer I
Req #: 1800013K_en
Location: Marion, NC US
Job Category: Quality
Date Posted: 2/20/2018 11:29:19 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prefer experience with TQM methods (e.g. ""six sigma"")
- Display a solid technical understanding of engineering principles and procedures (e.g. CAD and its application or scheduling a series of technical tasks utilizing software-based tools.
- Understand and articulate how own role ties within function or discipline
- Demonstration application of engineering principles on individual/small projects.
- Assists in the preparation and participation in technical reviews and responsible for organizing data and preparing appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
Qualifications for this role
- Ability to discuss normally encountered technical or project management issues, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to solve routine design, engineering problems with assistance.
- B.S. and 0 - 2 year related process validation experience. (in-house, co-op or acquired outside).
- Basic understanding of validation guidelines, cGMPs Regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Support plant initiatives with the development and implementation of new process/technology
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint or equivalents.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, 0-2 years experience in Quality Assurance / validation in regulatory industry is desired
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.