Technical Analyst (1 Year Contract)
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Technology Analyst will be responsible for providing front line support to all staff in the Baxter Canada organization. With a strong level of customer service, and the ability to accept any challenge, the desktop support technician will be the first point of contact for technical support.
• Support Canadian Voice/Data/Email/Print support with standard design
• Identify and understand issues that may impact day-to-day operations from our infrastructure
• Work with Global IT to document standards on network administration, messaging and voice, security, access rights, LAN auditing, cybersecurity, DRP and SLA’s ensuring conformance to Global IT policies and standards
• Support local change control for all infrastructure
• Install, test, and maintain software and hardware components using Lifecycle Matrix
• Provide technical support after hours as needed on core infrastructure and networking
• Identify technical support trends, determine root cause and potential solutions.
• Participate with break/fix vendor management
• Document system/environment change
• Work with vendors on support and version management
• Ensure monitoring for all key appliances on network and infrastructure
• Maintain information about the IT infrastructure and its components; this includes the provision and maintenance of documentation/user manuals to end users as necessary.
• Maintain user accounts and system access privileges.
• Monitor infrastructure for potential incidents including performance issues, hardware and/or software failures, and physical environment changes.
• Install/support software packages on-site and remotely.
• Research and recommend new processes and procedures to maintain a LEAN working environment.
• Provide back-up support to Supervisor, IT.
• Provide backup support for network and devices such as Server, Virtual Servers, switches, routers and printers.
• Bachelor's degree or college diploma in an IT related field
• Industry recognized IT certifications would be an asset (e.g. A+, Network+, MCITP)
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Information Technology or related
• Computer Science
Type of Experience
• Must have demonstrated experience troubleshooting and resolving technical problems associated with workstations, networks, hardware and software applications.
• Proficient with software applications particularly with desktop environments. (Windows XP, Windows 7)
• Working knowledge of Active Directory.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007.
• Working knowledge of Exchange 2010.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills coupled with a strong customer service background.
• Experience with web based ticketing systems.
• Working knowledge of server environments (Windows Server 2003/2008)
• Working knowledge of networking technologies. (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN technologies, DNS, DHCP, routing and firewalls)
Years of Experience
• Minimum of one year experience in a desktop support role in an enterprise-level environment.
• Three or more years of experience in a desktop support role in an enterprise-level environment.
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Potential lifting will be required (2-10lbs), mainly laptops and desktop monitors.
• A strong interest in computers & technology.
• A sound customer service ethic, able to take a responsive & proactive approach to problem resolution.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Keen probing and analytical skills to diagnose & resolve technical issues and able to give clear explanations to our internal customers/ end users.
• Personable and able to deal well with less technically knowledgeable users.
• After-hours support may be required in special cases.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.