Sr Human Factors Engineer
Req #: 180004GQ_en
Location: Bangalore, KA IN
Job Category: Engineering
Date Posted: 2/20/2018 5:29:14 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis;
sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy
automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services
play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide
are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare
innovations that enable patient care.
- With minimal supervision, leads human factors engineering work and research for medical devices and regulated healthcare products.
- Designing and executing tests to simulate product use for verifying and validating product performance, reliability, and usability.
- Actively participate on device program teams to ensure sound human factors principles are considered and implemented.
- Create and communicate project plans, tasks and deliverables and manage time to meet project deadlines. This includes reporting pertinent information at key milestones through clear, concise oral and written communications.
- In partnership with other R&D teams, develop product prototypes to explore and validate user interfaces and demonstration prototypes.
- Participate in efforts to develop process and procedures that align to Baxter initiatives and relevant human factors standards.
- Understanding of HFE principles in ergonomics, human computer / machine interface, and data collection / analysis methodologies.
- Capable of handling moderately complex engineering assignments.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on a variety of technical inputs.
- Knowledge of HFE requirements /standards.
- Ability to solve human factors engineering problems with minimal assistance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in written and verbal form. Ability to decompose complex problems into actionable task list.
- Understanding of Quality System Regulations (QSR). Understanding of design requirements for development, validation, and verification of medical products.
- Experience with operating in a regulated environment (e.g., FDA) with comprehension of implications for medical device and healthcare applications.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with applicable FDA guidances and international standards (e.g. IEC62366)
- Demonstrated understanding of user centered design, heuristic evaluations, design of experiments, and statistical analysis. Verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for human factors engineering projects.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific
innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and
technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing
creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other
legally protected characteristic.