Associate Director (Field Based), Market Access
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The purpose of the Associate Director of Health Economics and Patient Access is to develop and execute applied health economic value creation and demonstration strategies and tactical go to market patient access plans for targeted regions for the US Advanced Surgery business. The role will be a key constituent on a broad based team (i.e, IDN Team, Sales Managers and Medical Affairs) to provide a multidisciplinary consultative selling approach to economic decision makers and develop a strategic working network across key health system stakeholder targets.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively via partnering with US Advanced Surgery sales and marketing, IDN/corporate accounts, and Medical Affairs to strengthen the consultative perspective of this broad based multidisciplinary team on the impact of health economic market changes and economic solutions Baxter products bring to their respective settings.
- Lead US efforts to disseminate Health Economic evidence and economic insights modeling on the total economic and clinical value of Baxter Advanced Surgery Products to targeted health system & GPO decision makers.
- Perform evidence based analysis of partnered healthcare organizations.
- Engineer regional health economic market assessments to appropriately identify stakeholder barriers, trends, customer unmet needs, strategic insight, strategic imperatives, prioritization and targeting and potential implications of US national and regional changing market dynamics.
- Foster and grow key senior health system administrator relationships and potential partnerships via strategic economic and analytical insights.
- Provide regular VOC feedback to Advanced Surgery Global Market Access on clinical and economic challenges being faced by regional stakeholders and generate ideas on how our products can serve as a solution to these issues.
- Extensive broad based experiences and knowledge on US provider/physician/policy and payor challenges and trends, health systems, hospital inpatient settings, clinical literature and pathways, health economic strategies, market development, corporate team and clinical selling tactics, and successful delivery of clinical study evidence for product adoption.
- Considerable experience and comfort in presenting and defending evidence with senior clinical and economic decision makers in meetings.
- Experience in clinical selling, selling tactics and field marketing are highly desired.
- Solid understanding of disease and clinical pathways, inpatient and surgical treatment approaches, hospital inpatient settings, product IFU and supportive health information levels of evidence.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Geographically located with access to a major US airport.
- Must be able to travel as much as 50%
- Bachelor’s degree with 12 or more years experience or an advanced degree (Masters or Doctorate) with 6 or more years experience in market access, health economics, marketing, sales, medical affairs or market development. Healthcare economics, medical device or hospital/ health system industry experience is required.
- Proven track record of being a top performer within teams.
- Experience working across diverse marketplaces in an evolving healthcare environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.