Sr. Contract Analyst
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
About Baxter Global Services
Our organization strives to deliver an unsurpassed value driven experience that makes Baxter an essential service solutions provider for our customers. Every day we are focused on providing quality service that enables our customers to focus on what matters; patient care. Baxter is well positioned to be the best service provider for our customers due to the depth of our product knowledge, years of service expertise, commitment to product serviceability and continued focus on operational excellence.
Summary – Senior Contracts Analyst is responsible for the initial profitability analysis, implementation and administration of contracts supporting UCAN Technical Service areas in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, quality requirements and customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This candidate will play a key role in the execution of service contract strategy and tactics. This person must have a solid understanding of contract review and implementation with the ability to think critically. He/she will work with the Service leaders and Legal teams to analyze and finalize customer service contracts, administer the contract and support partner relationships with business reviews with service partners.
· Contract Implementation
o Provide profitability analysis
o Examine contract documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
o Assist various technical personnel in understanding supply agreement obligations.
o Answer contractual related questions.
o Assist with various contract compliance initiatives.
· Contract Administration
o Maintain contractual information including negotiation status and agreed upon terms and conditions in appropriate database.
o Oversee administration of contractual information including generation of reports for tracking and communicating contract requirements.
o Drafting agreements and other legal documents to ensure internal requirements are met.
o Maintain communication to ensure timely execution by the parties.
o Administer pricing changes
Qualifications -To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Accomplished, highly motivated, intellectually curious, critical thinker with solid attention to detail and an understanding of contracts and negotiation.
· Must be highly proficient in reviewing, understanding, interpreting, issue spotting, drafting various agreements.
· Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to be able to interact with clients and internal functional areas.
· Willingness to develop and drive new processes to support Service Contract Management Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
· Demonstrates ownership for achieving timely and accurate results Minimum 3 years’ relevant business contracts experience.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Strong working knowledge of Excel, Access, Microsoft Word, JD Edwards. GSP, Baxter Agreement Management Systems (BAMS) and OnIT (contract management application) a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.