Learning & Coaching Representative
This position is responsible for all aspects of the new hire training and onboarding program at BCU. This includes coordination and delivery of training that supports skill development, product knowledge, system and business process training for new hires as well the coaching program. This person will also assist the TM department with outside vendor training and logistics support as needed.
1. Owns the leadership, design and delivery of the BCU New Hire Training process:
• Scheduling and logistics
• Measures the effectiveness of the program
• Provides feedback to management on employees’ progress
• Provides coaching and feedback to BCU business presenters
• Implements ongoing program enhancements
2. Acts as a new hire coach in the weeks immediately following New Hire Training by delivering one-on-one support to the new hire by shadowing, questioning, providing feedback and instruction to ensure transfer of learning to the workplace. Identifies process gaps and incorporates improvements back into New Hire Training on an ongoing basis.
3. Leads the BCU Onboarding Program, including program measurements. Identifies and executes program adjustments based on participant and participant manager feedback, as well as from supervisor.
4. Distributes, collects, analyzes and reports on program results and evaluations.
5. Reviews materials to ensure consistency and accuracy of content. Creates new and updates existing training materials and job aids as initiated by changes in plans, policies and procedures.
6. Modifies training delivery based on the audience, evaluations and other feedback as required.
7. Serves as a backup support to the Talent Management team for functions including scheduling and coordinating training activities and communication to participants.
8. Serves as a backup in arranging training requirements including meeting rooms, equipment, meals and materials.
9. Participates in other training and development initiatives as needed.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• 2 years relevant work experience. Previous professional training experience or strong user knowledge of BCU operational processes and systems (Akcelerant and Symitar) preferred.
• Project management skills, including follow up skills, meeting deadlines, establishing deliverables, planning and organizing work
• Outstanding verbal communication skills and comfort training and facilitating in small and large group settings
• Ability to coach and motivate others, and to provide direct, constructive and timely feedback
• Consulting and contracting skills
• Ability to work with diverse levels of internal customers.
• Ability to adapt and respond quickly and in the moment to various learning styles and challenges
• Ability to make decisions based on facts, analysis of data, and expected outcomes
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and effectively manage conflict
• Ability to prioritize effectively and follow-up skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Must be comfortable in working with and learning new technologies to support the learning process (Audio/Visual, GoToMeeting/webinar tools, mobile learning, SharePoint, etc).
• Experience working in a Learning Management System (LMS) is a plus.