Business Operations Analyst - Contracts
Summary - Responsible for leading and completion of bids documents and development of direct/ group purchasing organization off template agreements for US Hospital Products and Renal. This position requires detailed customer and franchise profit evaluation and the understanding of the impact of the profitability levers including the cost to serve. This candidate will play a key role, along with regional business and sales management teams, in the formulation of customer strategy and tactics. Position will have significant interaction with Field Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and Senior Management in developing an understanding of customer needs, and in analyzing profitability of associated customer agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that each account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
· Effectively negotiate contract terms; provide guidance, alignment, and recommendation on contract terms to business team; work directly with external parties to identify alternative contract provisions to resolve differences between Baxter and external parties.
· Draft, review, negotiate and finalize a variety of business contracts and correspondence. Prepare and assist in the processing of template agreements from initial drafting to finalization.
· Responsible to lead bids/RFPs and agreements templates for the US Hospital and Renal.
· Participate in Commercial Operations projects as necessary
· Analyze and make recommendations on business issues and opportunities
· Communicate with Field Sales to understand customer needs and business opportunities
· Participate in process innovation to develop/identify procedural gaps, drive for improvements, efficiencies, achieve results and enhance customer relationships.
· Demonstrate compliance with internal procedures, processes and values.
· Work closely with Managers and Directors to further develop skills within areas of responsibilities.
· Dedicated support to specific Sales Management team in the formulation of customer strategies and tactics.
Qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Strong organization skills.
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates ownership for achieving timely and accurate results.
- Ability to interact across all levels of the organization are critical.
- Individual must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently.
Strong working knowledge of Excel, Access, Microsoft Word and Database Management Tools
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.