Customer Care Supervisor (Back Office)
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The incumbent directly manages and supports, through staffing and talent management processes, a team of customer care employees responsible for delivering service to both institution and home patient customers. This position is accountable for ensuring that customer orders, returns and credits, service or product complaints, adverse events, travel requests, prescription changes, etc. are resolved in a timely, accurate, cost-effective manner and in accordance to the appropriate SOP’s/BOP’s.
Employee coaching - Achieve customer care business objectives by effectively coaching and developing the customer care team, through the following activities:
• Side-by-side coaching
• Ongoing performance management
• Conducting monthly 1:1 meetings with each employee (A.C.E plus agent’s performance card – call metrics, attendance, tardiness, etc,)
• Hiring and onboarding of new team members
• Executes Performance Improvement Plans, as required
• Decision-making on back office coverage schedules (shifts, breaks, lunches, vacations,etc.)
• HR Administrative Processes (ie.PRCP, ACR, Talent Calibration)
• Supply Ordering
• Overtime Tracking and Processing
• Regular meetings with business stakeholders to ensure alignment of services supported (for eg. for travel program, service complaints process, etc.
Business Support - Support business priorities by monitoring, tracking, trending and reporting of customer care centre metrics, technology and voice of the customer
• Attend conference calls and business meetings with internal Baxter teams to ensure optimal customer support. Partnerships include: Sales, Marketing, Accounts Receivable, Business Decision Support and Supply Chain
• Monitor schedule adherence to guarantee adequate staff coverage
• Participates in Monthly Call Calibration Sessions to ensure a consistent and effective call review process is in place.
• Lead Tier 1 Huddles with CCR team, on a regular and consistent basis
• Manage customer escalations/requests that cannot be resolved at the agent level
• Review productivity reports to identify trends and improvement opportunities in order to achieve customer care targets
• Participate in Call Center Leadership Meetings,as required
• Review Post Call surveys – provide analysis and follow up with customers as required
• Develop and maintain CIC reporting and technology•
Special Projects/ Process Improvements
• Support business excellence initiatives (ie value steam mapping,customer intelligence, customer care system developments and enhancements).
• Partner with extended Baxter Team to contiuously improve and strengthen our relationship with our customers
• Attend external customer meetings, as required
• University Degree
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in life science, health science, or related discipline.
• Minimum 2 years technical service experience preferred, preferably in a call center environment.
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Customer Service
• Health sciences
Type of Experience
• Customer Service experience in healthcare
• Basic knowledge of broad supply chain management activities
• Supervisory experience in a customer service environment, preferably in a health care organization
• Proven ability to lead effective teams and create team enthusiasm and engagement.
Years of Experience
• Minimum of 4 years experience in customer service required.
• 3 years of customer service supervisory experience
• 3 years of broad supply chain execution experience
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Exceptional communication skills
• Analytical and business problem solving skills
• Ability to facilitate and manage change
• Team building and coaching
• Strong familiarity with multiple Baxter products.
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, presentation skills required.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of professionals (RNs, patients, other medical professionals). Strong project management and organization/prioritization skills. Ability to work independently. Excellent follow-through skills. Strong team player, willing to share knowledge with others.
• Understands and applies corporate and departmental SOP’s/work instructions; Creates or edits existing SOP’s/work instructions as needed. Contributes new ideas to improve the customer experience.
• Ability to effectively use software applications related to job function.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.