Applies engineering principles to design, modify, or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment, or processes used in processing or manufacturing products. Assures that projects on a timely basis in order to meet deadlines.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be manufactured by existing processing facilities, methods and technology.
- Implementation of manufacturing projects developing timelines and periodic meetings to report projects progress and implementation strategies in order to meet deadlines.
- Liaison between plant and contractors in the implementation of new processes
- Willing to travel as required.
- Analyzes engineering proposals, process requirements, and related technical data pertaining to industrial machinery and equipment design.
- Determines feasibility of designing new plant equipment or modifying existing facilities considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors.
- Provides technical information concerning processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning.
- Compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research data to establish requirements for new or modified equipment.
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast of technical changes and developments in industry.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Provides assistance in new product or process introduction or transfers.
- Implements Statistical Process Control initiatives.
- Assists management improving a work environment according to Plant Mission, Vision and Shared Values.
- Develops and implement VIP projects.
- Completes all documentation and reports on a timely basis as required (daily, weekly, monthly and annually).
- Analyzes all performance indicators such as: scrap, downtime, rework, overtime and discards.
- Develops process improvement projects to control all performance and manufacturing indicators.
- Assists in budget cycle as required.
- Performs revisions of regulatory submissions, as required.
- Should be able to work within minimum supervision.
- Should be able to work at any shift when its required by inmediate supervisor (eg. shutdown, special projects).
- Should be able to work with multiple projects and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Performs internal audits to areas of responsibility, document findings, recommend suggestions to improve processes.
- Implements changes and follow-up them assuring the effectiveness of them.
- Requests and orders all materials required on a timely basis to ensure an efficient performance of the department.
- Assist the manufacturing and quality staff in the troubleshooting of the tests, machines and processes to improve quality standards.
- Communicates effectively at all Levels.
- Keeps the work area in the most clean and order conditions.
- Willing to work extra hours, any shift or Holidays (eg. shutdowns, extraordinary events).
- Should be able to work on special projects as assigned.
- Provides technical support on process/ product validations.
- Provides technical support to the manufacturing areas as required.
- Incorporate safety standards in new and existing equipment.
- Perform performance evaluations as required.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.