Principal Electrical Engineer
Leads the definition of product /design requirements, electronic system architecture development, design and implementation of electronic circuits, test of circuits and systems and the documentation and release of designs.
- Ensures successful integration of electrical design entities with mechanical and consumable components.
- Contributes to troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to electrical aspects of the design and interfaces with other design constituents.
- Able to effectively transition products to manufacturing and ensure robust products and manufacturing processes.
- Improves electrical designs that are optimized for production, reliability, regulatory compliance and cost.
- Performs in-depth electrical engineering analysis and calculations.
- Responsible for integration of deliverables from sub-system design teams and external partners.
- Resolves competing constraints between interrelated functions (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, etc.) required to deliver the product to market.
- Defines protocols and conduct the necessary testing required to validate the safety and effectiveness of the design(s).
- Provides leadership to junior technical staff.
Qualifications for this role
- A BS in Electrical engineering with an advanced technical degree desired. Experience should include at least 5-8 years of relevant technical experience. Prior experience in kidney dialysis a plus.
- A demonstrated track record in electromechanical hardware development, preferably medical devices or other highly regulated products such as military hardware.
- A proven track record of effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/project deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience using CAD systems for printed circuit board design (e.g. OrCAD, PADS, Designer) and data acquisition software (LabVIEW)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.